Important Financial Information For All Students

Student Services - Pile of £20, £10, and £5 notes with pound coins on top.

Financial Support whilst you are studying

If you are experiencing financial hardship, the University of Lincoln has a Financial Assistance Fund.  We can support UK/Home students in all aspects of financial hardship during term time, and also EU/International students who have been affected financially by the Coronavirus pandemic. Applications must be received by your official course completion date or 31 July 2020 whichever is sooner, so for most students it this will be 22 May 2020.

For continuing students who are unable to work over the summer vacation period, there are additional funds available. Any student in this situation is advised to make contact with the Advice Service for further information:

Student Finance 2020/21

Student finance applications for UK/Home and EU continuing students are open, and should be submitted by 19th June 2020 assuming your course start date is September, in order to ensure your funding is in place for your re-enrolment.

If you haven’t made an application for 2019/20 (including tuition fee loans), the deadline is 31st May 2020, assuming your course start date is September. If you do not apply by this date you will no longer be eligible.

If you started your course at a different time, you have 9 months after the course start date to apply for your funding for the next academic year.

Please note: applications for postgraduate students are not yet open.

Financial Assistance when you have completed your course

From the Monday following the official course completion date, from a financial point of view most final year undergraduate students will no longer be classed as students, even though the University still considers you to be very much a part of our community and will offer support, advice and guidance until graduation.

For most courses this will be Monday 25 May 2020. At this time, if you are not working or you have a low income, you may be eligible to claim Universal Credit, even if you believe you may have resits or you intend to take up a postgraduate course in September 2020.

Universal Credit is the UK’s main welfare benefit for people under pension age. You don’t have to be unemployed to apply, working people can get help too. Universal Credit includes help with your housing costs if you are renting. If you’re part of a couple, you and your partner will get one payment.

If you are on a course with a later end date, please contact the Advice Service for more information.

If you already get welfare benefits and would like more information about what may change when you leave university, please email the Advice Service for more information:

Quote Icon