The Leeke Educational Foundation was established under the terms of the will of the Reverend Canon Edward Leeke (1841-1925), a Sub-Dean of Lincoln Cathedral. He helped pioneer education in Lincoln, notably the school in Christ’s Hospital Terrace, now a part of Lincoln University. It has a policy on safeguarding vulnerable beneficiaries which can be viewed on request.
Applications are invited for grants from young people who fulfil all three criteria given below:
- Are aged from 16 to 24 when funds will be needed.
- Reside, or whose parents/carers reside, within the boundaries of the City of Lincoln.
- Are in need of financial assistance through low family income and/or difficult circumstances.
Grants may be awarded towards the following:
- Fees and other costs directly associated with courses of study at secondary school, teacher training colleges, universities and other educational establishments approved by the Trustees.
- Fees, equipment, tools, books, travel and other costs required in training for a profession, trade or calling.
- Costs incurred in using leisure time to develop spiritual, moral, physical and mental capacities.
All enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
The application deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year is as follows:
Wednesday 18th January 2023