EU Student Advice

To protect yourself and your rights, you need to apply for EU settlement.

Student Services - Flag of Europe against a blue sky.
This page is brought to you by the Advice Service

The UK Government introduced the EU Settlement Scheme to safeguard and secure all EU national’s rights in the UK to ensure that they could stay, work and study once the UK left the EU on the 31st December 2020.

If you were already resident in the UK before 31 December 2020 you could apply to the EU Settlement Scheme up to the end of the ‘grace period’ of the 30th June 2021.

The UK Government has confirmed that an EU national can make an application after the 30th June 2021 if the Home Office accepts that there were ‘reasonable grounds’ for missing the deadline. Late EU Settlement Scheme application.

EU students who move to the UK from 1 January 2021 onwards to study on a course of more than six months cannot apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and instead will need to apply for a Student Visa. You will need to complete an application, pay an application fee, and have a current passport or other valid travel document. You will need to meet specific requirements and to pass relevant checks, including UK criminality checks.

The Advice Service have specialist advisers who can give comprehensive advice on Brexit. If you would like to speak to an adviser, please email or call 01522 837080.

Quote Icon