Changing your personal details

Student Services - Close-up of person wearing rings and a Apple watch using a Mac Book.

If you need to change your personal details with the University you must request this in writing.

You can do this by submitting a ‘change of identity’ form on your One Uni account under the ‘forms’ section.

You can change your name at any time while you are a student at the University of Lincoln. Your new name will be recorded on your student record and show on your student email account, Blackboard and the University’s timetabling system. If you wish for your new name to appear on you degree certificate you must provide documentary evidence of the change of name (original or certified) with this form.

You do not have to provide evidence straight away, you can request for your name to be changed on your record and provide evidence at a later date prior to your award being conferred. Your certificate will be printed in your legal name even if you have been known as a different name during your studies, unless you have provided documentary evidence of the change of name.

Please note that having a different version of your name on your degree certificate to that on the other forms of identification may cause you difficulties in future.

Current students should note that they are responsible for notifying all other relevant external bodies of the change e.g. Student Finance England.

International students on a UKVI student visa

If you are a non-UK/EU national who is studying on a student visa, it is necessary for the University’s student record to match your name on your student visa and passport. If you fall into this category, please contact: .

The Student Support Centre is located on the ground floor of the University’s Minerva Building.

Quote Icon