Doctors and medical services

Student Services - Stethoscope next to a mobile phone.

It is advisable to register with a Lincoln GP during your time here studying at the University of Lincoln just in case you need to seek some medical advice at any point. The University Health Centre is probably the easiest and most convenient GP to consider registering with as it is right here on campus. In fact, it is located next to the Student Wellbeing Centre, opposite the Stephen Langton Building.

Non-Urgent or Out-of-Hours Care

If your Health issue is non-urgent, you should contact the Doctor’s surgery you are currently registered with to find out their opening times. If you need to see a Doctor and your surgery is closed, you should call the NHS Helpline on 111 for out-of-hours care.

You can also visit Asaplincs to find the most appropriate healthcare service for your medical needs.

Urgent Care

If your health issue is urgent, but not critical, please call 111. This is a non-emergency number which can assess your situation and connect you with the correct local service, including out-of-hours dental care. This number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Critical Care

If your health issue is an emergency, for example if there is a threat to life, you should call 999. This number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For further information on Crisis Management.

Pharmacy Services

Please remember that it can take a few days for a pharmacy to prepare your prescription, and it is worth checking their opening times before going. If you have a minor ailment such as a cough, cold or flu, the staff at a Pharmacy can advise on the best medication for you to take.

You can find advice on how to access out-of-hours medicinal services on the National Health Service (NHS) website.

If you are not happy with the NHS service you receive

You can make a complaint to the NHS – please see NHS complaints for more information.

Quote Icon